Tuesday, July 19, 2016

QUO BLENDING SPONGE | micsemotions

I've been wanting to get myself a Beauty Blender for a looong time. But I still can't let go of my one thousand peso just for a single sponge, I just can't, as of now. :p My best friend knows my dilemma (haha) and she thought I should try the sponge she's using. She said it works great, easy to use and way more affordable than the famous beauty blender.




I've tried some egg sponges from daiso before but it didn't worked well. But when I got this Quo Blending Sponge, I felt so excited to try it because when I touched it, it's kinda fluffy and not too firm!



I don't know if I can call it egg-shaped sponge because it doesn't look egg to me :P haha! The one on the right looks gross I know, sorry, I just need to include it in the picture so you can see the difference on the size of a dry and dampened Quo Blending Sponge, The yucky one was my first sponge which I somehow failed to take good care of :p I'm gonna tell you later how it ended up looking like that. :P





It works well with liquid and cream products. I use it with foundation, concealer and even with powder. I noticed that it soaks less product if I apply the foundation on my face first using my finger or brush then blend it with the sponge instead of using this directly to apply the product on my face. Hope I make sense haha!



Aside from it's Latex-free, the size of the sponge makes blending easier. I use the bottom on my cheeks, forehead. Hard to reach areas such as the nose and around the eye can be easily reached by using the tip of the sponge. 




I personally prefer using this rather than brush when blending my foundation and concealer. Some may think using a sponge will take longer but for me, it isn't. You just need to get used to it and believe me, you'll be blending with sponge forevaaa!




Ok, so here's the story behind the gross Quo Blending sponge :p It was my first time having this kind of sponge, after I use it, I clean it with water and mild soap. Then I put it in a drawer, so after couple of months I noticed that it already contains molds. Yup, very wrooooong. What you should do is, after washing it, squeeze it repeatedly to remove the water from it then let it flat dry. DON'T KEEP IT INSIDE A DRAWER. It needs air. :) Now I know better, I bet my second blending sponge will serve me longer haha! By the way, I don't know if you can buy this here in the Philippines because I got mine from my bff and she told me this one retails for $5cad each. :)

***

I hope you find this helpful! <3
Don’t forget to subscribe!
Find me on Facebook – micsemotions
Follow me on Instagram – micsemotions
Subscribe on my YouTube Channel
Follow me on twitter - micsemotions19

For event invites, features, sponsorships and other business inquiries please email me at micsemotions@gmail.com

xo,
Mics

Disclaimer: I am not paid to review this product/service. My reviews both personally purchased or presented as gifts are solely based on my personal experience. I just want to share my 100% honest review/opinion/thoughts hoping it would help my readers/viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment