Friday, August 12, 2016

NICHIDO FINAL POWDER | micsemotions

I am sure you always hear Laura Mercier and Ben Nye when makeup geeks talk about baking. I, myself love baking my under eye area, it really helps to brighten up my face and makes my concealer stay in place for the day. Since I don't have neither of the two 'cause they're soo pricey , I'm just gonna share you what I use to bake ze face of mine, Nichido Final Powder in Creamy Glow.




Since Ben Nye and Laura Mercier are a bit over my budget, I had to try something else. I've tried several loose powders before but this one's my first from a local brand. 





The 25g powder comes in a clear plastic tub with sifter. A powder puff is also included.



We didn't have that love-at-first-use story, in fact we have this love&hate relationship, lol. First time I used it, I had a break out on my forehead. I'm never gonna use this again evaaaa. But after few weeks I decided to give it another try, this time I used brush instead of the powder puff and guess what? No break outs! I don't know what happened the first time but I'm just glad I can use it again.




The powder is finely milled and feels smooth on skin. It may take few minutes before it's completely absorbed by skin. 



YAY:

 *affordable

*mattifies oily skin

*makes concealer stay in place

*can be used for setting/baking concealers and foundations

*doesn't emphasize pores/lines

NAY:

*you need to apply at least 2-3 layers when baking, because only one layer will be absorbed and the rest will go to waste after brushing it off hihi :p

if I MAY suggest:

*use dry sponge when baking, brush for setting




It blends well on skin and leaves it a little brighter, which I like. It mattifies my face and it can also be used touch ups especially on the t-zone area. It has a scent same as Airspun, but it fades after application. Don't ever use damp sponge because the last time I did? My under eye became cakey yikes! For Php150 I think I was able to get myself a good setting powder. Lesson learned? Everything deserved a second chance, lol.



***

I hope you find this helpful! <3
Don’t forget to subscribe!
Find me on Facebook – micsemotions
Follow me on Instagram – micsemotions
Subscribe on my YouTube Channel
Follow me on twitter - micsemotions19

For event invites, features, sponsorships and other business inquiries please email me at micsemotions@gmail.com

xo,
Mics

Disclaimer: I am not paid to review this product/service. My reviews both personally purchased or presented as gifts are solely based on my personal experience. I just want to share my 100% honest review/opinion/thoughts hoping it would help my readers/viewers.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sis,
    This is a nice review; I'm definitely going to purchase this when I have the chance.
    I wanted to follow your blog but I can't find the follow link, LOL.
    Anyways, I hope you can visit my blog too and follow me.
    Thanks!

    Carissa
    http://itsnotpoison.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete